- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Join Our Team
- Support Us
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Registration and Classes
How do I register?
- Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. We offer waitlist options for most of our classes, but we do enforce class size caps.
- Call, email, or drop in to register at:
- OSU KidSpirit, 125 Langton Hall Oregon State University Corvallis, OR 97331
- Phone: (541)-737-KIDS (5437)
- Fax: 541-737-2788
- OR Register Online at https://apps.ideal-logic.com/osukidspirit
Are you a competitive program?
- KidSpirit is a non-competitive program with an emphasis on skill development and mastery. Every activity promotes fun, safety, camaraderie, teamwork, and being a good sport, on top of physical and social skill development. However, we do teach sports skills so campers can participate competitively in sports outside of KidSpirit.
- Our Competitive Gymnastics program is the exception to this rule. Our competitive gymnasts train to compete in local and regional gymnastics meets.
When is payment due?
- Payment is due at the time of registration for all programs except for our Summer Camp. For Summer Camp, payment for the first session and a $25.00 deposit for each additional session is due at the time of registration. Al other sessions must be paid for in full before they begin.
Can I get a refund, or change my class registration?
- Yes. Class sessions can be changed or canceled two weeks prior to the first day of class for a full refund, less $25 administration fee. No refunds or cancellations once the class session has begun, except for medical emergencies with a note from a doctor.
Have prices increased?
- Yes. Prices have increased because minimum wage increased as of January 1st, 2013.
Do KidSpirit payments count for tax deductions?
- Yes, with the exception of gymnastics. These payments may also be used as qualified expenses for your Health and Flexible Spending Arrangement. Consult your tax advisor or IRS Publication 503 form for complete information.
Does KidSpirit have a lost and found?
- Yes. The lost and found is located in Langton Hall. Please clearly label your child’s items with first and last name and phone number.
Drop-Off/Pick-Up and Absences
Where can I park?
- In response to the ever-changing campus landscape, we have created a parking page! Please visit it for detailed information on parking.
Are make-up classes available?
- For gymnastics, makeup classes are available for up to 2 classes. One week's notice is required for the absence and the substitute class is not guaranteed, due to availability. There are no make up classes for all other programs due to our need to maintain student-to-instructor ratios.
How do I pick-up my child early?
- Notify the KidSpirit office by calling (541)-737-KIDS (5437). A minimum notice of 20 minutes prior to the requested pick-up time is required so we can have your child in the office ready for you. All standard KidSpirit check-out procedures apply during early pick-up.
What if I drop-off my child late?
- Bring your child to the KidSpirit office in Langton 125. After checking in, your child will be escorted to class by a staff member.
The KidSpirit Program
KidSpirit Staff - Who are they?
- KidSpirit staff is made up entirely of students; most staff are in college, and a few from high school. Our hiring process is very competitive, selective, and thorough. Once hired, the staff is required to attend multiple training sessions (about twenty hours total for our summer staff), and they receive ongoing feedback and evaluation during their employment. All staff is CPR/First Aid trained and have had criminal background checks. The KidSpirit staff are the best of the best!
What skills are taught at KidSpirit?
- Developmentally appropriate sport, art, science, and/or cooking skills are taught within our programs.
Do instructors use lesson plans for their classes?
- Yes. All instructors use a structured lesson plan template for each of the classes they teach. Lesson plans are required and approved by supervisors.